I Tip My Hat (If I Had One) To All The Great People Here On The Forum

Mike Freze

Just wanted to thank each and every one of you who spend so much time helping others here on this forum: myself and everyone else. To give of your time selfishly to help others is beyond words.

Yes, I played 1.500 nights of music, lead singer/guitarist, etc. Yet it's only been the past 4-6 months that I've actually taken the time to learn about recording itself! It's a whole different ballgame. There's a lot to learn, and it takes time: so many terms, changing technology, different ways to do things, right?

I have quite a few good books on all this but nothing beats a live person that can explain things the books don't necessarily explain well enough (or leave out altogether). Then several responses here by different people give you all those extra things to consider.

Like SouthSIDE Glen, for instance: what dedication he has (not to mention his knowledge, experience, and a way of explaining things that really makes sense). Must take hours and hours to do this. Everyone here should appreciate guys like that. Promote his website and business. He deserves it. And there are so many others as well.

Thanks again, everyone, for educating us in ways that no book could ever do!!

Mike Freze

Great post, there are some really helpful people here. I'd like to sound out for some folks here, but I know I'd miss some.

I learnt everything I know from moresound - who, despite the immense handicap of being a bug-eyed alien, manages to dispense pearls of wisdom in great number. :D

What I did for the first 10 years here before he came along, I know not... :laughings:

I always like to post in Mike F threads... it's my own little way of tangentially being involved with greatness ... :spank:

I learnt everything I know from moresound - who, despite the immense handicap of being a bug-eyed alien, manages to dispense pearls of wisdom in great number. :D

What I did for the first 10 years here before he came along, I know not... :laughings:

I always like to post in Mike F threads... it's my own little way of tangentially being involved with greatness ... :spank:

Thanks Armistice I'm .... I'm speechless.

I learnt everything I know from my 8th grade teacher Miss Appleton, who seduced me. ;)
Man I love redheads.

Wow. I must say that my posts have not been very helpful but I have enjoyed the sharing of great information. It is nice to hear some gratitude. Props to many. Tooooo many names to mention. Be well all.

Not to say it's easier now days...as I think even with the benefits of digital, there's way more to learn to bring it all together...
...but man, back in the pre-"home/project studio" days (when those terms didn't even exist yet as part of common audio lingo) or the pre-Internet days...trying to get info was a major effort! Very few "home recording" type books existed and very few places to ask questions.
You kinda' dove into it, and learned from trial-n-error.

Back