I think I beat my bass drum trigger to death

Wish

Never Sarcastic....Honest
I was messing around with my edrums just now and the bass drum was triggering inconsistently....I'm using a pintech trigger that attaches to the front of the pedal and a reverse beater. At first I thought it was just a mechanical issue where the beater had slipped a little out of position.

I've screwed around trying to get it to work correctly for about an hour now...after my adjustments to the bass pedal, it's not a mechanical problem.

It's not a cable issue.

Any of you wizards out there know of anything I should test before I start shopping for a new trigger? My trigger is probably about 5 years old with light use over the years....what's the avg. lifespan on these things and what's the likely cause of failure? Inquiring minds want to know.

Playing drums is no fun without the bass drum...

It's peeeeeeesing me off!!!

:mad:

:cool:

I was messing around with my edrums just now and the bass drum was triggering inconsistently....I'm using a pintech trigger that attaches to the front of the pedal and a reverse beater. At first I thought it was just a mechanical issue where the beater had slipped a little out of position.

I've screwed around trying to get it to work correctly for about an hour now...after my adjustments to the bass pedal, it's not a mechanical problem.

It's not a cable issue.

Any of you wizards out there know of anything I should test before I start shopping for a new trigger? My trigger is probably about 5 years old with light use over the years....what's the avg. lifespan on these things and what's the likely cause of failure? Inquiring minds want to know.

Playing drums is no fun without the bass drum...

It's peeeeeeesing me off!!!

:mad:

:cool:

Don't shop for anew trigger, see if you can take that one apart and just replace the trigger element. You can get one for a few dollars.

Hell, I'll sell you 3 of the trigger elements for $10. :p

Tim

Last edited:
Sounds like you need a "piezo buzzer", Radio Shack sells them for about $3.50.
They work, I've done it... And it's not rocket science to install.

Crack it open first, maybe a connection came loose.

Thanks for the replies...I cracked it open today and it does look like a pretty pretty simple job to swap out the piezo. I tested a few other things and I thought I had the problem solved, but it's still not triggering consistently.

Looks like I'll have to check out the local radio shack and break out my soldering iron!

Thanks.

Back