i sold out! help!

JHOOKS

ok so when i first started making music (8years ago)I was using asr x,mpc2000 and some keyboards, then about 2 years ago my boy put me on to reason 2 and some softsynths stuff(needless to say I sold my gear and invested into my daw), I quickly got hooked on the versitility you can have making music on the pc. but as of lately I've been unhappy with the choice to abandon the keyboards and mpc. so what are you guys opinion on the hottest keyboards/ sound modules i should look at ?

I use an MPC 1000 as the live side of my computer setup. I have the 128 mb expansion so I've got room for many mono 4 bar loops, and if I'm careful I only need to load from the CF card once during a set.

You sould already be quite familiar with the MPC's in general so this might be the easiest path.

ssscientist said:
I use an MPC 1000 as the live side of my computer setup. I have the 128 mb expansion so I've got room for many mono 4 bar loops, and if I'm careful I only need to load from the CF card once during a set.

You sould already be quite familiar with the MPC's in general so this might be the easiest path.

how is the mpc 1000? have you ever use the mpc2000 or 3000? im thinking about going back to the mpc maybe 2000 or 4000, not sure yet.

I used the MPC2000 - the original - for years both live and in the studio. The MPC 1000 is physically smaller, but has all the same capabilities as far as sequencing and sampling go. It's a great little machine.

JHOOKS said:
i take it you can get the expansion in/outs on the mpc1000 right?
The memory is expandable and the Compact Flash card size that you buy is your choice, but I only ever used 4 audio outputs and that what the MPC 1000 has - in addition to a SPDIF digital output which I have never used.

It also has a USB port to make connection to a PC/Mac easy - and there's programs like this available for download...

And I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'expansion in'.

ssscientist said:
The memory is expandable and the Compact Flash card size that you buy is your choice, but I only ever used 4 audio outputs and that what the MPC 1000 has - in addition to a SPDIF digital output which I have never used.

It also has a USB port to make connection to a PC/Mac easy - and there's programs like this available for download...

And I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'expansion in'.
nice link man, sorry about that i meant expansion out.

Back