"I See No Reason"

MonkeyShock said:
Comments and suggestions welcome. It's a song in open G with vocals by Angy S. It may sound a bit "Floyd-ish", though that wasn't the intent.The tune is called "No Reason"
Thanks for your time.-J :cool:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/coldcomfortusmusic.htm

Pretty tune. Performance-wise it is good also. I agree that the acoustic could be tracked a little better. It is not as smoothe and glassy as would be expected for a tune of this type. I think there was some clipping at around 0:50. Also, it sounds like someone went a little overboard with the compression/limiting. That makes the overall mix a little too harsh as all the nasties are pushed up in volume. I would like to hear more dynamics.

Thanks!

Thanks both of you for your comments. The guitar is an A/E ovation that I recorded direct, and I admit a bit harsh. I've improved my gear and mics since recording this, and have been working on getting a good clean miked acoustic tone, but it's good that you both had the same comment...a clear indication for improvement. Dynamics have always been important to me and this tune doesn't show it. Thanks for pointing that out as well. We'll keep at it. Thanks again!-J
;)

Back