I saw a drone

No, but you can have a warm glass of shut the fuck up.

I don't know if this drone was "seeing "anything. It seemed to be on a mission, but surveillance did not seem to be it.

UFO? Have you experienced any missing time? :D

5 oz pyramid in strong current? Pffft. Noob.

Ha, I considered editing to kinda strong. I'll sometimes use larger when I think i've hit on a honey hole, or channeled out area, and would prefer my rig stays put....or using a fishfinder rig. But crabs in general can be a pain in the ass if you let it soak too long in one place....endlessly devouring your bait, and a lot of fish generally won't bother if your rig is occupied by crabs. I typically use a 4 oz. That way my rig moves.....trolling in a sense. If I am trying to include flounder as a target, they are ambush predators. So, movement is good, whether using cut bait, strips of squid, or live bait. Sometimes/often i'll use an inline sinker with leader on one rod, 1_2 oz, with live gudgeon, slowly across the bottom a bit at a time targeting flounder. It kills, if the blues don't get to it first. A swivel is your friend.

Maybe things are different down there. But I sort of view as idiots/noobs those who use these wonking ass sinkers in the 6_8 oz range...or worse yet multiple smaller ones trying to stop movement. Besides, some species will drop that shit once they feel all of that weight.

I'm not targeting shark, medium action on surf and medium-light casting. One semi-heavy. 3 total. In my view it's more fun for what I am targeting on medium to lighter gear. ymmv

The rays have been a pain in the ass this year....gotta be in the 50-60 pound range, or more. Not a single drum/red the entire season, yet. :confused:

Back