I sampled A Sade Song....

tbiddy38

I sampled a Sade song on a new beat I just made. It's an R&B song and one of my artist just turned it into an incredible song...We really want to get it serious airplay, what should I do to make sure everything is legal? I don't want any lawsuits guys, but the song is nice! Thanks for the help a lot.

first you have to contact sade's publisher,or record company and see if they going to clear the sample and then you most likely are going to have to pay to clear the sample.

i dont think Sade has ever cleared samples. she always beem against it.
but i heard a rumor that she might start clearing them in the future.
as of right now though, its a 1 in a million shot.

EXCUSE ME
Hmmm . . . well i was told -- by a local radio dj who has always been on the radio station here in RIC that wehn u r indi/unsigned . . . u just do what u feel . . . remix, sample, whatever . . . if u can get your "song" to generate enoughbuzz where the original artist -- in your cae SADE - is notified/becomes aware of you . . . .then u can work out something . . . especially when u r not making any money off of the song . . . FEEL FREE TO ELL ME IF I WAS LIED TO OR NOT

gullyjewelz said:
EXCUSE ME
Hmmm . . . well i was told -- by a local radio dj who has always been on the radio station here in RIC that wehn u r indi/unsigned . . . u just do what u feel . . . remix, sample, whatever . . . if u can get your "song" to generate enoughbuzz where the original artist -- in your cae SADE - is notified/becomes aware of you . . . .then u can work out something . . . especially when u r not making any money off of the song . . . FEEL FREE TO ELL ME IF I WAS LIED TO OR NOT

99% true! but lets say if you really generate a buzz and you actually start making money off that song then you might have "big" issues. but generally speaking a upincoming artist has the freedom to do whatever, but keep in mind many labels would rather you have a orignal song for you to have, they dont want to have to go through the clearing process and all the red tape that comes with samples, but until then MILKKKKKKKKKKKK IT DOGGGG! sade makes for wonderful samples.

I want to use Sade telling me "Fuck you, don't sample my shit" as a sample. That would be ill!

And for the ladies, I'll tweak the vocals around to make Sade say "I wanna fuck you, come sample my shit" and make a love ballad out of it

Ya think Lil Jon would remix that for me and maybe I could talk to Dre and have him put Busta in a verse? That'd be the shit. Fuck if he could do a remix to Laffy Taffy, this would be worth it.

Sampling Sade...that's a no-no man...

But hey... anything goes nowadays in mainstream US Hip-Hop :rolleyes:

Back