I reverse my position on Axis pedals

Uladine

I tried a set of Axis A Long Boards a few years ago and just couldn't get into them so I took returned them and got some DW 9000s (Great pedals, btw). I figured all of the hype on Axis pedals was unfounded. They look delicate, and they're tough to get used to.

A couple weeks ago I went into Guitar Center to get a set of pedals to use at home on a practice pad to develop my technique and my friend who worked there showed me a used pair of Axis A Long Boards that he was trying to get rid of. I played on them a bit and they felt great, plus he knocked about $80 off the price tag so I figured ah what the hell and got them for like $220.

In my bands set we don't have a lot of fast double bass stuff, but being primarily a guitarist I would get worn out fairly quickly on my DWs, as great as they are. But when I test drove the Axis pedals we went through our set about 4 times and I never felt fatigued at all.

I was worried about not having enough power with the axis pedals (Lets face it, DWs hit like a freight train compared to most pedals) but with the Iron Cobra rubber beaters I put on them they have plenty of power to spare. Perhaps it was the Sonic Hammer beaters that they normally come with that made me dislike the pedals previously.

Just wanted to share my story as I had previously spoken negatively of the Axis pedals and want to recall any negative remarks I've ever made about them. I've now been using them exclusively and plan to buy another pair in the near future.

Yeah they're OK. But I'll stick with my Iron Cobra's. Truth be told, I think the new Trick Pro 1-V's are the best damn pedals around, but expensive!$!$!$!$!

Back