I Reckon you'll really like this one

mawd said:
Go here for a memorable sonic experiencehttp://members.ozemail.com.au/~mawd/Wings_Of_Apocolypse.mp3
MAWD

I think I like it. I could do without the minute long vocal samples at the begining though.

First thing first:

Fix the link so that people can actually click on it. ;)

Its good. The intro is Too long, we get the point. The song is quite fun and well done, there is a lil distortion on the kick I think. The vocals are good, I could do with just slightly less effect.

Effects IMHO are more effective if used more sparingly. You have plenty on this, maybe a tad too much. Overall its quite good, has a great feel and is a lot of fun. Me likey. :cool:

]I think I like it. I could do without the minute long vocal samples at the begining though
--------
* Hi...yes...you're probably right about that. Thanks for checking it out all the same.
MAWD

First thing first:

Fix the link so that people can actually click on it. ;)
-------
* Hi...yep...done that!
-------
Its good. The intro is Too long, we get the point.
-----
* Yeah...it could've been shorter I suppose......
-----
The song is quite fun and well done, there is a lil distortion on the kick I think. The vocals are good, I could do with just slightly less effect.
------
* Hmmm...I was shooting for the acid drenched, stoned spaced out imagery
of the 60's....
------
Effects IMHO are more effective if used more sparingly. You have plenty on this, maybe a tad too much. Overall its quite good, has a great feel and is a lot of fun. Me likey. :cool:
-----
* I'm glad it made it into cool.....you're right about the FX though....one must use them carefully but I think in this case, it kind of worked....I still can't pick up any distortion on the kick but then again I'm an old guy who's hearing not quite on the money. Thanks for taking the time.
Regards......MAWD

[/QUOTE]

I think I like it. I could do without the minute long vocal samples at the begining though
--------
* Hi....yes...point taken.....some people like it, some don't, it's a
personal taste thing......as for me, I kinda like the build up....anyway,
thanks for listening......I really appreciate it....
MAWD

Wow. Yes that is kind of a feast for the ears.

It's well done, and you have some cool sounds in there.

There's something about the vocals that shed a kind of fun, silly light on it. It's like the song could be kind of dark, pretentious and Depeche Mode-kind of, but the vocals have a somewhat goofy tint to them that doesn't let it sound very serious. I don't know if that's intended or not.

Regarding the subject matter of the lyrics, I felt it was a tad bit too derivative of The Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil."

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Hi

I like the song. I would reduce the effects on the main vocal though. Very entertaining and well played. Nice work.

/Jack Real.

There's something about the vocals that shed a kind of fun, silly light on it. It's like the song could be kind of dark, pretentious and Depeche Mode-kind of, but the vocals have a somewhat goofy tint to them that doesn't let it sound very serious. I don't know if that's intended or not.
------
* Thanks for that..
-------
Regarding the subject matter of the lyrics, I felt it was a tad bit too derivative of The Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil."
------
* I can assure you if this is the case....it was unintentional......
MAWD

]Hi
I like the song. I would reduce the effects on the main vocal though. Very entertaining and well played. Nice work.
-------
* Hi....thanks for that....I'm glad you enjoyed it.....
MAWD

mawd said:
------
* Thanks for that..
-------
------
* I can assure you if this is the case....it was unintentional......
MAWD

Oh I don't doubt it was unintentional. It's just that especially the bit about "I was there when Hitler etc." sounded a lot like the part from "Sympathy" when he says "I was there when Jesus Christ etc. ..."

You know what I mean?

Oh I don't doubt it was unintentional. It's just that especially the bit about "I was there when Hitler etc." sounded a lot like the part from "Sympathy" when he says "I was there when Jesus Christ etc. ..."
You know what I mean?
--------
* Hi...yes, I know what you mean.....there's a million tunes out there with similarities to others....this is just another one of 'em I suppose.
Regards.......MAWD

Back