I really need help!

Just by running an out from the back of VTB1 into one of the inputs on the front of the focusrite.

i might suggest using an xlr to 1/4' from the tube pre to the interface. you can go xlr to xlr but them you'd essentially be running the signal through 2 preamps (your external unit and the one in the focusrite itself) which can cause some undesireable side effects. i'd prolly flip that little switch in the from to line as well as opposed to instrument.

i might suggest using an xlr to 1/4' from the tube pre to the interface. you can go xlr to xlr but them you'd essentially be running the signal through 2 preamps (your external unit and the one in the focusrite itself) which can cause some undesireable side effects.

Interesting! I didn't know that :D
So then essentially the 1/4" cancels out the interfaces own preamp?

Check with Focusrite online or your Scarlett Manual to be sure!
Shooting from the hip, I'd run TRS to TRS from the VTB1 to the Scarlett.
BG 1K!

so i need one trs cable? could you tell me where the input is?
The Scarlett has 2 inputs on the front panel.
Each of those inputs can handle an XLR cable, a "guitar" cable, and a TRS cable.
Just plug your TRS cable into channel 1 or 2 and move the little switch below the "GAIN" knob of that input to "Line".
However, keep in mind that, dependent on what "instrument" or "device" you are using, you may not need the VTB1 at all and can go straight into the the Scarlett unless you are looking for that "tube saturation kind of sound or using a passive ribbon mic that might need some extra dBs of boost/gain.
What instruments or devices do you plan to use?

The Scarlett has 2 inputs on the front panel.
Each of those inputs can handle an XLR cable, a "guitar" cable, and a TRS cable.
Just plug your TRS cable into channel 1 or 2 and move the little switch below the "GAIN" knob of that input to "Line".
However, keep in mind that, dependent on what "instrument" or "device" you are using, you may not need the VTB1 at all and can go straight into the the Scarlett unless you are looking for that "tube saturation kind of sound or using a passive ribbon mic that might need some extra dBs of boost/gain.
What instruments or devices do you plan to use?

I'm using an Audio Technica 2020

Back