I put the NEW in Newbie...

chuchosay

You would probably want to invest in a drum machine, a midi interface for your computer and software to record midi (Cakewalk, etc.)

Ok this is really the first site I stumbled across while searching for recording tips. I'm an amateur rapper and I am basiclly at the point where I have some songs written.. but with no audio to go with it. I am extremely Computer-litterate.. but Im not as good with audio devices / hardware. In fact I know just about nothing.

Ive got a fast, reliable computer.. what would be my next step as far as just getting some beats saved to my disk so I can at least play them as I write the song...

I want to take this slowly.. so dont bombard me with 100 things to do.. as of right now I just want to be able to produce some good origional beats.

Hey Stray, I know just what you need.

here are some things to check out...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
* FruityLoops Pro www.fruityloops.com
* Cool Edit Pro
* RubberDuck
* Hammer Head (not so good)
* Definatly FruityLoops Pro and Rubber Duck
</UL>

You can get these all for free, if you look in the right places... ;o)

You can download demo versions of most of those as well... and you wouldn't have to resort to 'other' means. ;)

Go to www.download.com and search for drum machine software, or audio looping software and you should find several options to try.

You might also want to think about something like Acid. Check out www.sonicfoundry.com for info on it.

Back