I NOW consider myself as a "qualified" ADAT technician!!!

MISTERQCUE

Not Just Anutha Brutha
I luv ADATS!! Originally starting with TASCAM's MK series yrs back to presently recd'ing with the Alesis HD24 today,my main multi-trk rec'ding medium was using 2 LX's and 2 XT's (TypeII's). I've always treated all 4 adats as if they were my own children giving them the utmost in care. Having a good friend who worked at an authorized Alesis Service Center in N.Y. as a tekkie, I would take each unit after every 200-250 of head hrs to him, for cleaning,idler replacement,head maintenance, etc.,etc., etcetera! My 20-Bit joints had the good life!
When NuMark bought Alesis (& knowing full well NuMark's products along with thier marketing strategy is geared towards DJ's & remixes,club-sound),my friend's repair shop was dropped as an author'z'd repair center ending my adats "Health Plan" coverage( my friend moved out to Cali). I then sold off 1 of my 2 XT's and 1 of the LX's and bought an HD24. I relegated my remaining 2 adats for archival & slave-ing/"virtual track" work.
Long story short, my LX (which has 1250 hrs on it) starting reading "Err-9/E-rr7 & E-rr4 codes PLUS time-code errors".Since my friend was gone and Alesis no longer providing parts, I contacted PRO DIGITAL INC. in Allentown,Pa. and ordered idler wheels,capstans,belts,cleaning fluid & tabs, etc. Not only was the tape path & rotating heads filthy, the capstan belt came off! This is where I realized that LX does not have a removable, bottom trap door like the XT and to access the belt, the face plate,bar and chasis screws must be removed to replace the belt,all the while extreme caution must be heeded not to discombobulate the drum heads from thier exact position.
I replaced idler, cleaned top and bottom drums,capstan and tape path and replaced belt while not effecting delicate circuit board ( must be free of ALL residue)! Err codes gone, LX is back to normal and Bush needs to nuke Iraq!

Sorry to bore ya'll ! Just felt good when you can save $250-300 (plus s&h) on a repair job you can do yourself!

Peace
Q.rM

I was able to luck out and fix my mom's vcr thanks to my biting the bullet and getting into ADAT basics.
:rolleyes:
Wayne

BUSH NEEDS TO DROP A LOAD OF THOSE ADATS ON IWACK. i had an original black face that was nothing but problems and maitanance was horrible. thanks to who designed those vs roland 1880. not a problem in 4 years.

I replaced idler, cleaned top and bottom drums,capstan and tape path and replaced belt while not effecting delicate circuit board ( must be free of ALL residue)! Err codes gone, LX is back to normal and Bush needs to nuke Iraq!

:D ...lol, you go girl.

Back