I Need To Find a Mastering Forum

masteringhouse

www.masteringhouse.com
What is it with all of the flame wars going on around here lately?

I seems like every thread has some battle going on usually between some troll and at least one of the more established members of the group. I realize that there are a lot of frustrated engineers, but taking it out on a forum anonymously just shows cowardice and a lame attempt at gaining attention or other form of self-gratification. Ignore the trolls, just arguing with them is like arguing with a monkey at the zoo. All you are going to get is shit thrown back at you.

It's no wonder more professionals don't frequent the site or post with this stuff going on. Most pros are willing to help and share their experience but not when they have to deal with bullshit while taking time to help.

Let's try to class up this fucking place! :)

7string said:
Seconded! Fucking children... PLEASE!

No way! Fucking children is gross! I'd much prefer my women to have grown some adult body shape. Eek, at least wait to see the verdict in the Michael Jackson case before coming out.

Another reference to MJ today, i dont think i can go a day with out hearing about that man, be it his music or current trials lol :cool:

- Idgeit

masteringhouse said:
What is it with all of the flame wars going on around here lately?

It's no wonder more professionals don't frequent the site or post with this stuff going on. Most pros are willing to help and share their experience but not when they have to deal with bullshit while taking time to help.
Boy, tell me about it. I'm no longer posting in the mic forum, and I've got one foot halfway out the door. And I fully expect some wise ass to post, "and don't let the door hitcha on the way out, loser!" Sheesh, kids these days.

and don't let the door...

just kidding.
:)
I really appreciated your mic thread, Harvey, as well as other posts. It pisses me off that the truly knowledgable ones around here get pissed on so much.

To get it back on track, most of the "mastering guys" hang out at Bob Ludwig's forum, Brad Blackwood's forum, or at Lynn Fuston's forum. And there's a private pro audio list that most of the mastering guys subscribe to.

Harvey Gerst said:
To get it back on track, most of the "mastering guys" hang out at Bob Ludwig's forum, Brad Blackwood's forum, or at Lynn Fuston's forum. And there's a private pro audio list that most of the mastering guys subscribe to.

I know you all probably get tired of some of the ineptness, and repeated questions, and I know you like the stupid comments by assholes that flame and whatnot, even less than I do, but you all are appreciated more than you are told by those people who need advice, and will take it, and actually use it. So, if you can stay around, some of us need, and want this help. That being said, carry on. :D

Thanks.
Ed

Please Harvey! Don't go! You know that old axiom, "If I can help just one person..." really applies here. For every asshole there are 20 here that respect your knowledge, experience and what you have to offer!

Stay...

Please...

This place needs guys like you!

I haven't been here long but long enough to see what you guys are talkin about. Be sad to see another good place turn into a flaming trolls den. Although, I gotta say I busted a gut on some of it, I mainly come here to see if I can give back something that I've picked up from people like you and to also glean a little more how-to from people like you. It would be cool to keep the quality here but where the quality is, is where I'll go.

End of rant.

:cool:

Back