I need some info on Cubase. Never used it before. Please Help!

trillion

I am looking at buying a computer hard disk recording system and was wondering if Cubase VST/24 Producer Pack is a good program? Is it better than the Pro tools LE program that comes with the Digi 001? What kind of plug-ins come with it ready to use? I am starting a studio and just wanted to know if this would give me pro quality cd making and worthy of recording other bands and charging them? Thanks to all who give information

Cubase VST is a good program. But if I were setting up a pro studio and charging people, I would look at software that is a step up from that, probably something like either Pro Tools or Steinberg's Nuendo. You want to make sure whatever you are using doesn't crash while the customer is looking over your shoulder. The URL for Nuendo is http://www.steinberg.de/nuendo/ but I just tried to go there and it seems to be down. (Heh heh, I hope the same people who program the web site don't also program Nuendo)
I can't tell you much more than that. I'm not a pro and I don't have a pro studio, just my home setup. Probably your expertise at recording is more important than what software you use, and there are other people around here who know more about that than I do.

Jim

I pretty much agree with JimH. I bought my cubase with a gina card before the digi 001 came out. I would probably have opted for this one. You can later upgrade all the way up to the full blown pro tools suite. ie with hardware and software ... Or so they say. The plug ins that come with digi 001 are apparently very good unlike the dinky ones that Cubase comes bundled with. And the break out box with balanced leads on the digi 001 is great. BUT having said this I am really happy with my Cubase/Gina card system . Cubase is very reputable and will be around for a very long time. I have created my ownn CD's on it from kids music to corporat jingles (used on TV) and my own rock music. It's great. And the plug ins that you can buy for it are very good quality. Ive learned how to operate it and I'll stick with it for the meantime. I'm getting sick of learning computer shit when I should be composing music. Good luck .

Back