I Need Some Help

hmm

Alright this is the deal i been recording with adobe audition 1.5 on my pc for about 7 months now and i just can't get my mix to sound good. I'm lacking basic techniques of mixing down multi tracks. If anyone get a chance to go visit my site @ www.myspace.com/hypemanmike1 and listen to the second track, tell me whats needed to make it sound more official. Or even tell me how you mix down multi tracks to make it sound official that will be even better b/c i'm basically teaching myself, and i'm struggling.

Sounds good to me...especially for as long as you've been at it.

My advice would be to start from the bottom up when mixing --- it's not clear from what I could hear of the track how much of that was your own and how much needle drop. If you have the flexibility of individual tracks I would start from the bass and drums on up and roll off everything below 80Hz to 100Hz on everything but the kick and the bass.

You must have a fairly good vocal mic because the vocals were clear and in a good place in the mix.

Sounds OK.
Keep reading, practicing, asking specific questions, trying gear, and hanging around people who know audio every chance you get.
Most of it is trial by fire, and you;re on the right track.
Keep it up.

Back