I Need help!!

StarMan

I installed Cubase LE5 today and then downloaded new and current version of e-Licenser. I got my license activated at Steinberg site but the e-Licenser doesn't work now or allows the Cubase Le5 to open, the message I keep getting says (when I open eLicenser Control Center:

Application 'LCC' has caused the following error: DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe failed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Cubase Le5 three times and still nothing was fixed and I unstalled and resintalled ELicenser three times too and nothing is fixed, please help. How do I get it all running again??? Please see attached image.
I have spent all day on this, so am very frustrated, please help someone.

Attachments

• cubase.jpg
    cubase.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 12
Give this a shot if you haven't already . This will completely overwrite the old eliscenser. What I don't know is how it will work, being that LE 5 does not use a usb key. Figure it's worth a shot. Hopefully Steinberg will get back with you soon. Shutting off security, listed at bottom sounds like a good possibility as well.

Copied from Steinberg troublshooting page.

Attachments

• Eli.jpg
    Eli.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 14
not sure of one thing, after I have dragged the exe file to the path of its command path, the next thing it says is to to type "cmd" without quotation marks somewhere, where??? I tried it in the command path to no avail..

I think I asked you what OS you have but I forgot to remember what you said. lol. That may be a good thing to list on you signature for others that may help here as well.

I'm thinking that second cmd is a continuation of Vista directions. I think it is just written unclearly. I just installed it on a XP computer and it seems to work.

Back