I need help with an intonatin problem

snapper

I'm having a problem with the intonation on my high E string. The guitar is only a couple weeks old and I going through its first setup. The high E string is flat and I have maxed out the range of adjustment. It is still about 3-4 cents off. What can I do???

If you are still using the strings that came with the guitar you could try putting on a new set of your usual strings, if that fails you could change the saddle height or string gauge.
If you still have no luck take it to a pro.

Assuming you bought the guitar new, the place you bought it from should be giving you the proper setup for it free as part of the sale. Take it back and get them to make the necessary adjustments.

If it wasn't new, you could try the things Vox said, but if it were me, I'd simply take it to a pro.

Bruce

What brand/model is the guitar?

I'd take it back and have the shop set it up as mentioned previously. I'm thinking it could require a truss rod adjustment, however losing that degree of range would mean one helluva neck bend. Even the cheapest of guitars should allow for decent intonation.

well the problem is, I bought this guitar in a different state. Its a parker by the way. I love the guitar. After some tweaking I did get it right on but I'm maxed on the range of saddle travel. Thanks for the good advise though, Mike.

tables of intonation for fret placement have been well publicisied for over a hundred years.I agree with Bruce this is a QC warranty issue if the travel of the saddle can only touch the outer parameter of the accuracy range.Bitch and get the Parker rep for your region to make an physical or financial adjustment (their good name is worth $ to a certain degree- the squeeky wheel gets the grease).

Tom

Back