I need help recording in stereo w/ sound forge or vegas pro

bluelonestar

i'm trying to copy some cassette tapes to my hard drive so I can burn them to a CD. I have my tape deck hooked up to my aardvark direct pro sound card. i have the stereo outputs connected to a 1/8" adapter and then to a 1/4" adapter so I can plug it into the breakout box. It's going into the computer in STEREO... and I can hear it in both speakers when listening to it in real time. But when I RECORD it in Vegas Pro OR Sound Forge it only gives me a MONO signal on the left channel. Therefore it only plays back in one speaker! How can I fix this?

Is there some type of setting that I've overlooked? I have it set up in -Preferences/Playback/Record- specifically for my sound card. It's also set for 44khz 16bit STEREO. It doesnt seem to be working though. I know for a fact that it's going into the computer in STEREO. I doubt it's the adapters. It's definitely a stereo signal. It must be the software! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-Tom

We're not gonna razz on you and call you a dumb****.
Don't waste this opportunity to explain what the problem was so that someone else might be spared the pain. Please?

drstawl,
im really sorry. i didnt think it pertained to the Sonic Foundry section anymore so I didnt bother to explain. I have the Aardvark Direct Pro and when I called their tech support they told me to change the patchbay settings to:

Monitor L,R -------analog 1,2 Out
Monitor L,R -------analog 3,4 Out
Monitor L,R -------analog 5,6 Out
This way I could hear my recordings on BOTH speakers. I was only hearing it in one speaker b/c of my patchbay settings.
If anyone out there has the direct pro just follow those settings up top...nevermind the settings in the manual. the tech said 99% of the direct pro users use the settings above, even he himself.
-Tom

Back