i need help recordin vocals

lyphephorm

i'm using the boss br-1200 studio station and i need help with compressor setting, and the eq. what setting should i use to record rap vocals to make the vocals and beat blend together. i'm pretty new so be patient :)

Use the computer between your ears.

When it sounds right it >is< right; settings mean nothing as there are too many variables in mics, positioning, room, etc.

:D Yo L-Horm:

If you used an RNC box, it has a "real nice" button. I use that most of the time and only turn the dials if my ears tell me they need turning.

So much gear has "complexities" written in the manual that it may confuse you and ME too! So, I try to take the simplest musical road and walk down it and try not to trip--if I do trip, I rewind and try it again on that specific track.

If you wish to check out types of compressors, with some evaluations by nice folks, read Tape Op--it's a free zine and you can connect top it on line.

Happy 4th of July.

Green Hornet :D

:D Yo L-Horm:

If you used an RNC box, it has a "real nice" button. I use that most of the time and only turn the dials if my ears tell me they need turning.

So much gear has "complexities" written in the manual that it may confuse you and ME too! So, I try to take the simplest musical road and walk down it and try not to trip--if I do trip, I rewind and try it again on that specific track.

If you wish to check out types of compressors, with some evaluations by nice folks, read Tape Op--it's a free zine and you can connect to it on line.

Happy 4th of July.

Green Hornet :D

Back