I need help pickup up some cheap headphones

Ryan Fisher

I need help picking up some cheap headphones

Currently, my only set of headphones (aside from my iPod's earbuds) are JVC HA-G55, which are terrible. They don't fit well, and the sound is almost unlistenable- all the high end is muffled, no matter what audio source I'm listening from (Logic, iTunes, iPod, CD player, etc...)
However, as the stereotypical poor colege student, I can't really afford to spend more that $50ish if I want to be able to go to any more shows for the rest of the semester, so my budget is severly constrained.
I understand that at this price range I won't be able to get professional results, but I just need something functional. I already have a decent set of monitors for mixes, so I just need something that will work well to listen to my guitar or bass during recording.
I was looking at these:
http://www.behringer.com/HPS5000/index.cfm?lang=ENG
I know a lot of people here hate Behringer, but I work at our college's radio station, which has a fair amount of Behringer rackmount gear which seems to work well enough for our purposes.
So, I appreciate you making it this far, and thanks in advance for any help or recommendations!

Last edited:
I'm using a $25 set of Sonys. They seem pretty neutral and I'm getting where I can get a mix in the neighborhood before I fire up the monitors and annoy everybody.

Back