I need equipment connection information

Jokker

In the room of my house I have designated as my "home studio," I have an HP Pavilion PC (with standard soundcard, which does excellent recording of sound effects, etc. with the 75 cent microphone that came with it), a Numark CM-100 DJ mixer, a pair of AKG K-301 headphones, and an Audix OM-2 microphone. The problem is, I have no way to connect the mixer to the PC. I looked all around the homerecording.com site and found no info on which connections to purchase. Any info on what to buy and how much it costs would be appreciated. Also I need information on where I can get a pop guard for my mic. Thanks.

Jokker: [You're joking of course?]

A pop filter for any mic can be found in several vendors. MUSICIAN'S FRIEND, SWEETWATER SOUND, AMERICAN MUSIC SUPPLY, ETC. Look around.

As for you problema of connecting your gear, I'd call the 800 number for Sweetwater Sound and talk to one of their reps. I'm sure they can help you out. You could also call Full Compass - 800 number too. But, I think the Sweetwater dudes know more about studio set-ups.

Green Hornet

:p :D :cool:

Nope, not joking. However, thanks for the info. If you could pass those 800 numbers along to me, it would be nice. By the way, kudos on that joke about my name. It was actually one that I haven't heard.

Your Numark probably has RCA outputs and your computer probably has a 1/8" stereo mini jack. You need a dual mono RCA to 1/8" stereo cable.

Thanks for the tip, Tex. I'll be on the lookout for that (assuming they probably won't have it at Radio Shack).

Yo Jokker Nay Joking:}

Just punch up Sweetwater.com or Full Compass. com and, VOILA, NO JOKE -- YOU'LL HAVE THEIR SITE AND NUMBERS..

And, as Batman says, keep laughing Joker....

I just made that up and I don't have a meaning except,
:p :p :p :D

Back