I need a little help!

Trumpspade

I'M BLESSED.......
I had some damage done to my house, so my insurance reimbursed me for alot of the recording gear that I lost. The problem is, I want to revamp everything and start with different gear........

I purchased a Mbox, protools 8 LE, a Motif 6ES, and an IMac that is pretty much maxed out, and a 500gig external firewire hard drive. I still own my MPC 2500, Sonar 7PE, Reason 4, Wavelab,Melodyne, Mercury Waves bundle, and all of my other mics, monitors, cables, a small mixer, etc.....

What I need help doing is setting up another monitor that I want my Protools mixer to be on. I have not attempted this yet, but how hard is it? Is it as simple as plugging it in and waiting for the MAC to identify it? I'm trying to come correct this time and I have alot of financial supporters waiting to assist. So I want my setup to work for me, and have a professional appeal as well. I am brand spanking new to protools and I am more familiar with Sonar and Logic, so this will be trying to say the least. Can someone assist me on hooking up another monitor and any other suggestions as far as gear or setup will be appreciated!

Last edited:
Well setting a dual monitor system has nothing to do with protools. That is all related to your video card. If you have two slots on your video card then just shut the comp down and plug it in. Then you will have to go to your settings. Im not a MAC guy so im not to sure how you get there but it should be something with display preferences.

I know it has nothing to do with protools, sorry if I made it sound that way! I am just interested in doing the dual monitor thing. If it is straight plug n play then cool! I just don't want to short circuit anything if I am not sure about how to do it properly!

Thnx 4 your response though!

You wont short anything as long as your video card has dual monitor capabilities. Check that out before plugging in anything and you will be straight.

Dual Monitors.

Yeah, it's usually a quick process. you just have to make sure you have the right hardware, which you probably do. Feel Free to call me at work (the number below). I'll be glad to help you out.

I'll give it a shot when I return home from New Orleans in a week or so......
Thanks alot for your offer Steve, that is rather nice of you! :)
And thanks for your advice again stealth!

PS That number might come in handy!!!!!!!!!!! When it comes time for me to tie this all in together, I might be a little lost. As far as the mixer, MPC, Motif, and MAC.........is concerned!!!

Back