I Need A Home Studio Set-up

jINXBEATZ

I BASICALLY WANT TO RECORD VOCALS OVER INSTRUMENTALS. I HAVE A BASIC PC RUNNING SOFTWARE LIKE = FL STUDIO FOR THE INSTRUMENTALS, I USE COOL EDIT FOR RECORDING OVER THE BEAT I INSERTED FROM FL STUDIO,IS CAKEWALK A BETTER WAY TO GO? I DO HAVE CAKEWALK. I HAVE T-RACKS BUT NO FAMILIAR YET.I HAVE ACID. FORGE ALSO. I JUST GOT A BEHRINGER UB802 WITH 2MIC PREAMPS FROM A FRIEND BUT DONT KNOW WHATS ITS BASICALLY FOR? DOES THIS PLUG INTO PC AND WHAT SOFTWARE TO USE WITH IT? HELP ME I WANNA LEARN. DONT WANT TO WASTE MONEY ON STUFF I DONT NEED. IM GETTING A MIDI CONTROLLER AND A MBOX SOON. I KNOW I NEED MONITORS. BUT CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A LIST I NEED WITH THE MIN. AMOUNT OF BUDGET CASH. AND WHAT IS THE BEHRINGER USED FOR. AND DO I NEED THAT. PLEASE HELP. :confused:

PLEASE DON'T SHOUT!

WE CAN ALL HEAR YOU JUST FINE WHEN YOU POST AT A CONVERSATIONAL LEVEL!

POSTING IN ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING AND IT'S BAD FORM...

Now, to answer your question, skip the mbox and get a cheaper more flexible interface for your computer like this or this. That Behringer you've got hold of is an 8 channel mixer - you plug your microphones and other instruments into it, and then plug it into your new computer interface. Then you'll be able to record vocals into cakewalk.

Well it seems like he's already pirated a bunch of stuff, OR he has a ton of money to blow on software he has no idea how to use or whether or not he needs it. Perhaps when he's ready to take the leap, he'll just break into Guitar Center in the middle of the night and run off with a bunch of soundcards and microphones :rolleyes:

MichaelM said:
I suggest you read a lot more before you buy anything..

more help

So i do need a sum kind of pc interface. i wanted mbox for pro tools. but the one you mentioned is fine? ok im gonna get the MAudio Audiophile USB Audio and MIDI Interface.so my mic plugs in to behringer, then that plugs into pc interface MAudio Audiophile USB Audio and MIDI Interface. so the mic only plugs into the behringer? then behringer into the interface via what?in back of? cuzz on pic it only shows midi in and out is that where it goes?(does it have cable to go from behringer to mudiophile?then cakewalk will automaticly detect and i can record? do you use t-racks for mastering?so this is all i need for a basic vocal recording studio on top of instrumentals: pc,decent mic,behringer mixer,maudio audiophile,cakewalk.

Last edited:
gordone said:
Well it seems like he's already pirated a bunch of stuff
That was my first impression too. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and send him to Blue Bear, shall we?

jINXBEATZ, here's a nice LINK to one of our members web sites. Read up there and if you have further questions come back and ask them...

Back