i need a good sound card...

whosyourdaddy00

ok, i need a soundcard that can handle multi-tracking, like for drums and such (ie:hi-hats track 1, snare track 2, kick track 3 ect.) i've got a tascam 16 channel mixer (TM-D100) but i'm not sure if it'll send individual channels out seperately, also i'm gonna need a 4x4 midi interface but i can get that seperately if necessary. i'm considering getting that new tascam FW-1880 and using, but i'm not sure if that'll do what i need, what do you guys recomend?

thanx

wyd

There are plenty of soundcards that will do what you want, provided you have the right pc system to match it in the first place.

What kind of system do you have? What is your budget?

Cy

hmm..maybe I'm wrong but..

I think Tascam boards does not work with every soundcards. I mean, they need a particular inputs, witch I cant remember the name, and I should cuz its a standard :| WHAT A GOOD AWNSER I'M WRITHING NOW! hehe

Anyway, dont care about this, I'm probabely wrong and you will think I'm stoopid :)

What I suggest is Steinberg (Audiolink) or RME soundcards.

Since 1998 (or so), I owned, in order:
Delta 44 / Delta 1010 / Echo Gina / Echo Mona / Steinberg Audiolink 96 Multiset.

and...yes, I really appreciate my Audiolink 96 more then all the others. Very clean, never ad any driver problems, the soundcard software mixer let me do a lot of cool monitoring opportunities, midi in and out, etc.

hope it help! (but I know I didnt :|)

I really appreciate this soundcard. REALLY!!

re:

we're runnin' sonar on a 1.33Ghz Celeron (sp?) with 512Mb ram, as far as budget goes anything that'll compete with that tascam 1884 ($1300) we gotta have atleast 8 I/O audio, and 4 I/O midi the debate is if we can get componet (seperate) audio and midi interfaces for less than a thousand bucks, cuz if not that 1884 can do it all plus control sonar.

thanx again

wyd

Back