I need a gig

alevy said:
Does anybody know how I can get a gig in neworleans im a rapper.

Well i'm assuming it's just you (ie. no mangement etc), so find out where rappers play near you and where there's a regular crowd and then just call them up and ask to book. You rent the place for a night and you handle the tickets yourself etc.

Wham bam, thankyou mam. You're done. (just gotta make sure you sell enough tickets to cover costs and maybe some profit for your efforts)

I just want to open up for someone. To build a fan base. How do I contact someone to open a show. I need a manager or a entertainment lawyer. Yall know anybody?

Before you start opening up for people you have to build your rep. Go to the superdome when they're having shows and stuff and passout cds talk to the people, see if you can get a promoter. My mom got a promoter for me, she had backstage pass and met Keisha Cole and Keisha hooked us up with her promoter. Man, you have to get out come to Baton Rouge, go to Layfette, go to Monroe, you get the picture?

Go rob a 7/11, carjack someone and a few other crimes to get your name out. :D :D :D

Just go to some shows and talk to the owners and rappers.

NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK

I've been trying. Up to this point it hasn't been beneficial. I gave a c.d. to mad linx, lebron james's manager, the whole neworleans hornets roster be listening to my mixtape, this dude name term that supposedly is part of black wallstreet (the game). I gave a real rough draft to "real" the dude that sings the hook on damn I miss my dawgs (lil wayne). nobody not hollering back right now. real was feeling it but at that point he was just hooking up wit wayne and now I cant catch up wit him and he changed his number.
check out my page at www.myspace.com/alevy I have a few songs on there.
Right now neworleans is so messed up and in dissarray. It's not even funny.
peep out my songs though

Rap? In New Orleans? You ever thought about doing zydico or maybe dixieland? Certain styles of music just seem to go with certian georgapraphical areas, not that there is anything wrong with your style just a matter of location. Rap is more "urban" oriented and the "way down south" is more cajun so there might be a conflict of venues. (Think about it.)

alevy said:
I've been trying. Up to this point it hasn't been beneficial. I gave a c.d. to mad linx, lebron james's manager, the whole neworleans hornets roster be listening to my mixtape, this dude name term that supposedly is part of black wallstreet (the game). I gave a real rough draft to "real" the dude that sings the hook on damn I miss my dawgs (lil wayne). nobody not hollering back right now. real was feeling it but at that point he was just hooking up wit wayne and now I cant catch up wit him and he changed his number.
check out my page at www.myspace.com/alevy I have a few songs on there.
Right now neworleans is so messed up and in dissarray. It's not even funny.
peep out my songs though

I had to read that 4 times through before i fully understood it. :rolleyes:

alevy said:
...was just hooking up wit wayne and now I cant catch up wit him and he changed his number.

Damn... my ex-wife did that same thing... I took the hint... which is why she is now the 'ex.'

;) :)

advice

my best advice for that is to contact the venue owner, where im from club owners will have contest to see who gets the chance to open for artist like wayne or T.I., my little brother found out who the promoter of a show was, contacted him and paid him 200 bucks to open for pastor troy, i wouldnt recommend this, but it worked for him, as he is currently on tour with pastor troy, opening but not getting paid cash, just free publicity, more like a roadie that performs!!! try contacting the radio stations when you here about a concert, find out who the promoter is and go from there.

not to be a downer, but maybe they just dont like your stuff.
keep trying, but dont expect shit to fall into place. be prepared to struggle for a while.

Back