I need a cheap multi- track recorder should i buy this???

Welcome aboard.

Ever Recorded?

Whats your budget?

What does "sound like cheap" mean?

Are you aware of the limitations of such a device?

Do you currently own studio quality monitors/cables/headphones/condenser mics/dynamic mics/blank discs and a computer with editing software to edit and burn to disc?

What stlye of music?

What instruments?

This list goes on and on and on.

----The best advice for you is to use the search icon above and read/also visit the newbie section. If you come to a post prepared, you have a 95% Chance of scoring some good answers and good advice. ;)

I rap and my budgeet is about $ 400-500.

Can u name some good cheap multi-track recorders.

I just need a good simple answer.

it aint like im trying to build a multi million doller studio.

That Tascam is a nice unit but doesn't include a cd burner, so you'd have to burn off of a pc. Tascam is good quality, but your recordings will depend on you. You can spend $10,000 and still sound like crap if you don't know what you're doing. Or, you can make a fairly decent quality recording with that Tascam unit, if you do know what you're doing.

Boss makes a couple units around that price range as well. You can also probably find some used highrer end units around that price as well.

Like sirnothingness said, you will want one with a CD burner unless you have a pc to use. And if you have a pc to use already, I would advise recording with that instead. What are you gonna use for your beats and stuff? A lot of guys are gonna want to use software to do all that. If you are too, then you might as well record on a pc. It won't be much more expensive, but you'll get a lot more functionality. Eight tracks gets pretty limiting pretty quick.

Thanks for the advice, i have to pc's one is slow as shit.

And the other is out in my living room, and i really dont like to record in my living room.

The pc, that is slow as shit was the one that i was using to record off of.

I finaly got tired of that pc, and said fuck it so now i want a multi track recorder.

I was using cool edit, and all that but tht shit was taking long to load up and everything and crashing every sec.

So i said fuck it.

Back