I made a new song and it sounds like this

F_cksia

Actually I made it quite a while ago for a vocal collab. That seemed to snow under a bit, so I gave it a try myself :eek:

Anyway, it´s all catchy and stuff and I hope you like it. All instruments done by me.

Bother C

Nice job!
Vocals need retracking. In some particular parts they are not firm enough.
I don’t know how to explain. English is not my best side. There is a part at the end with too many instruments playing solo. Kind of rush!
Anyway it was nice, catchy song very easy to listen to.

The song has feeling but the singing has no melody in lots of places and sounds flat. Try playing and writing the notes out on paper using the piano first and then sing them. Practice breathing and learn how to make your voice swell. You'll hear a remarkable difference. You have a good sense of mood with the instruments. Try applying that to your singing.

The key change in the bridge sounds a little out of place, it doesn't seem to follow the flavor of the song and neither does the added ending. I'd drop them both. Damn, I feel like a critic but that's what you're asking for aye?

catchy song but here what I think needs work on.

1. guitars sound flat
2. drums sound every flat also. How many mics are you using
3. vocals need work. I little to high in the mix.

just my dumb feedback.

I like the melody, or lack thereof. I even like the disinterested quality to the performance. There are, however, more than a few places where - to my ears - the vocals are decidedly off key in a less than useful way.
The guitar solo doesn't sit in the mix. It may be the tone, but certainly needs something to place it properly.
This is pretty loud dude.
The outro needs some focus - like Sikter said, maybe just one lead line.
It's a good song in the Sebodah lo fi mode. Needs some work is all.
Either record another vocal line OR get someone else to do it for you but retaining the sense of ennui you purvey so well.

Hey yeah ...sia. that's a great song. You do just need to "sing it". And you know you can. Just do it! Later on in fact -- you do. The vocals get better as the song goes along. So just reherse that thing, fix it up, and post it back -- so I can keep a good version.

cheers
aspiring

Alright, working on it! Singing has always been a (big) problem, but it shows some progress lately. Thanks a lot so far!

Back