I`m a bit lost.

mulequeveio

Hi guys, as a music producer and 99%.9 of my tracks are bass focused. So, it means I really need to know everything about sub bass and how it works to deliver a superior quality tracks.
But there`s a problem, I can`t find a guide or something that can tell me exactly were to start off and what order should I follow. So, I`m here to ask you for help, telling me what is the best way to start studying and practicing the world of low frequencies and sub bass. My biggest problem on making tracks is to sound as good and clear as any other artists, sometimes it sound not as loud as I want it to be and my bass has nothing special.
please, have a listen to my track on my signature and you will know what I`m talking about. hahah

I appreciate your time, have a good evening :)

This is not my genre by a long shot, but I'll bite: What's wrong with what you're doing? Your mix is balanced (if not a bit bass heavy) other than the "snare" sound being too loud. You should probably read through the mastering section and get some tips if you want overall volume to be more. You're right that it's nothing special (honestly, a bit boring), but it's also not slacking either.

And if you need answers as to what you mixes need, then spend the money on acoustic treatment for your room and a monitoring system that answers your questions. :)

I hear nothing in the posted sample that is out of whack in the low end. But you asked so you must not be sure. Nobody can answer that for you man.

If I had to offer anything, I would say maybe double the bass track (I forget the exact term here, something to do with sends?). Then over-compress the bass on one track, while leaving the other dry. That will give it more thump, which maybe you're going after?

Thank you guys for your feedback and tips, I`m just sending this picture to show how I treated my sub bass. Please, let me know where my mistakes are. I appreciate that.
Take care
Erik

Filters Sub Bass.jpg

mixsit and jimmys69 are correct, but the best thing you can do is train your ears more, especially to your particular setup/monitors. If it sounds right it is right. If it sounds wrong... what's wrong? Then it's a matter of knowing the proper tools to fix it, but ultimately if you're the producer then a good performance in a good room should be your goal.

Back