i love my ole dirty radio shack mic

scalywag

why won't people leave me alone about my old dirty radio shack mic? i love the way it sounds on my voice both live and recorded. i say, to each his own.........live and let live........ :) let's start a radio shack microphone revolution!!!!

scalywag said:
why won't people leave me alone about my old dirty radio shack mic? i love the way it sounds on my voice both live and recorded. i say, to each his own.........live and let live........ :) let's start a radio shack microphone revolution!!!!
Good for you, Jack! You go girl!! Win one for the Gipper!!!

:confused:

i have a radio shack "reverb microphone", with built in spring reverb.

it sounds fucking awesome as a room mic for drums... or a keyboard amp mic... or for micing a guitar cab when you want it DRENCHED in verb.

also, you can bang it like a percussion instrument and it will give you that kicked amp sound over and over again.

radio shack RULES. who else would have thought to stick a mechanical reverb INSIDE a microphone.

I have a pair of RS #31-1022 SDC (electret) both still kept in their original factory boxes from when I bought them back in the '80s. They have a roll-off switch inside the battery box, for Voice or Music response.

Both do very well has drum overheads, and have a nice, clean sound to them. They are a regular part of my mic locker. I have not yet compared them to my newly acquired C4.

Back