I love Logic but...

delirium trigge

I like to experiment with different things. The old version of reaper was the last time I used it. Now I have a pretty professional home studio and I am more educated in what I'm doing. What do you guys find that you like about reaper vs logic? Do the plug ins even compare? I just can't imagine it even coming close to all the the great plugs in logic comes with for only 200 bucks.

I like to experiment with different things. The old version of reaper was the last time I used it. Now I have a pretty professional home studio and I am more educated in what I'm doing. What do you guys find that you like about reaper vs logic? Do the plug ins even compare? I just can't imagine it even coming close to all the the great plugs in logic comes with for only 200 bucks.

That's the deal with Reaper. You just get good programed software, VSTs and VSTis is not what it delivers. For the extra 140, you find what you basically need, either purchased or freeware. Most everyone goes and purchases additional plugins even on more expensive software.

If you think that you will use the plugins that come with Logic, then I think you've answered your question.

Double post due to a glitch on the server.

Disclaimer: I've never used Logic, but I've been a Reaper fanboy since version 4.0 (on 4.61 now).

There's plenty of VST plugins that work well on Reaper, and many of the freeware synths and effects plugins rival the paid stuff.
The built-in stuff is mostly utility-type effects, and they do what they're supposed to.
It's not (excuse the expression) "ghetto" by any means. $60 US for a home use license? Non-crippled eval version?
I thought it was a scam, but these guys are for real.
The learning curve is tall at first, but the Cockos forum is helpful and encouraging.
For my money (=broke as a joke), I can finally create pro-quality .wav files that anyone can import into the DAW of their choice, and do virtual session work.

Slightly late but...

I've heard through other people (I've never used Logic) was that Logic has the best stock plug-ins of any DAW. Which does make it a pretty good deal if you want to go that route.

If Logic wasn't Mac only I would have considered going that route over Reaper just for that reason alone. Alas, I'm a PC guy, so that solved my conundrum.

Back