I know it's been asked a hundred times, but monitors??

rushofblood

Ok, I need something I can mix on better than with in-ears.

My price range is something like 250-400 used for a pair.

I went all the way through the big wharfedale discussion thread, got excited about them in the middle of it, and not so hot on them by the end. Is there a way you could reconvince me?

or perhaps suggest something else?
there's a guy who'd like to sell me a pair of V4's for 375, but I don't know, that's a small woofer, I have a little bigger than normal room (probably 12x20, vaulted ceilings, say 8'-15'), and kind of want some good bass monitoring, so I don't know how those would work.

How about Audix PH15-VS, another guy wants to sell me those, but I don't think they'd be so great..

I'm hopefully going to go to Guitar Satan soon to check some out, maybe I'll learn some stuff there that will help, but if you've got anything to say or suggest..

thanks guys
gino

I would recommend u some Behringer B2031As but im not quiet sure which ones u had your mind set on. Go over to american musical supply(link below) and check out their monitors they offer payments plans that dont require tax or interest. Its sort of like a layaway or try Ebay.

Nicole

www.americanmusical.com

I hate to say this, but buying monitors is some what like buying shoes. Not every shoe fit everyone the same way. Go to your local music store and listen to the monitors they have on display and find which pair sounds best. A good idea would be to take a copy of music you have created in your own studio. I would get the pair that reveals the flaws in your music best. If the monitors covers things up, they will just frustrate you down the road.

Good Luck.

NegadivOne said:
you could get a pair of krk rp6s for that money and theyve got a 6 inch woofer.

this is true, which would lead me to the question "what is the difference between the rp series and the v series?"

misscc803 said:
I would recommend u some Behringer B2031As but im not quiet sure which ones u had your mind set on. Go over to american musical supply(link below) and check out their monitors they offer payments plans that dont require tax or interest. Its sort of like a layaway or try Ebay.

Nicole

www.americanmusical.com

Yeah, for around $300 a pair new, the Behringer B2031A's are worth auditioning at Guitar Center. 8" woofer too.

rushofblood said:
this is true, which would lead me to the question "what is the difference between the rp series and the v series?"

To my knowledge the RP's are the cheaper version of the V series. But the V series sound wise are better than the RPs but I gathered that from my research when I had those in mind for buyin.

Nicole

misscc803 said:
To my knowledge the RP's are the cheaper version of the V series. But the V series sound wise are better than the RPs but I gathered that from my research when I had those in mind for buyin.

Nicole

well, I meant specifically..:-\

go... listen... :)

I know you don;t want to hear this, but all you need to do is set your budget (and put as much money in as you can) and go test drive. I was in your position and had things recomended that i thought were TERRIBLE (mackie anyone)and things that were despised here sounded ok to me (Alesis monitor one mkII).

The thing is that for that budget you wont find great monitors, buy the once you like and learn how they translate.

THis is really a bitch aint it? it;s the thruth though.

Back