I know I sound stupid but....

tbiddy38

could someone please help me out with Reasons 2.5. I just bought the digi 002 rack, and have protools. It came with reasons, but I don't even know how to run the program correctly. Can someone help me out. Post a link to a tutorial or something. (I know I sound dumb), but please!. Thanks a lot guys.

Reason is a good program. A lot of people around here aren't big fans because of the learning curve. The links provided are good resources for you to start with. Hang in there.

respond back with specific questions and i'll see if i can help guide you through with step by step instructions to get you creating.

Reason is great. I probably rely on it wayyyyy too much. So what exactly do you need tutorials with. We can all help you get there step by step.

Well first off, I have an M Audio Keystation 49e, I don't know what I should hook the keyboard up to to get it recognized by Reasons. I have a digi 002 rack and a Eureka Presonus as my pre. I dont know where to hook the keyboard up. good lookin ya'll

tbiddy38 said:
Well first off, I have an M Audio Keystation 49e, I don't know what I should hook the keyboard up to to get it recognized by Reasons. I have a digi 002 rack and a Eureka Presonus as my pre. I dont know where to hook the keyboard up. good lookin ya'll

yo, i have the M Audio Radium 49. i have my keyboard controller hooked up straight to my computer via usb to controll my software and i also have the traditional midi cable going out to my fantom sound module.

1. insert the disc that came with it and install the software
2. hook up your midi controller, and go through those steps for windows to identify the hardware
3. open up reason and go to the toolbar (i'm not at home in front of reason so i don't remember which tab the midi preferences are under) look for the midi tab
4. select M-Audio and then scroll for the model which in your case is the 49e
5. be sure to go to the advanced midi tab and make the necessary selections
6. exit out of reason and then reopen it
7. you want to start out with an empty rack so delete any modules if you have any
8. now go to create and insert the mastering module, then insert a 14:2 mixer, then insert a subtractor synth
9. scroll to the bottom of Reason, you should see a sequencer. make sure the little dot next to subtractor is selected, if it is it would be red. what this does is makes the subtractor active. press some keys and you should hear sound.

if any of my steps confuse you i appologize, i'm just winging it from memory. let me know where you get stuck at. until you hear sound we won't be able to go any further.

My Oxygen acted stupid when I first tried to hook it up through USB but after I restarted Reason a few times and double checked the midi selections in it, it worked fine.

Fieva said:
My Oxygen acted stupid when I first tried to hook it up through USB but after I restarted Reason a few times and double checked the midi selections in it, it worked fine.

yo fieva what's your latency with the Oxygen? mine registers at 5ms in reason with my Radium 49. and that's really damn close to zero.

I never checked....actually I never even messed with the latency settings and it worked perfectly after I selected the driver. It's as if it were none at all.

Now my Roland on the other hand....I had to mess with it slightly more but not too much.

Fieva said:
I never checked....actually I never even messed with the latency settings and it worked perfectly after I selected the driver. It's as if it were none at all.

Now my Roland on the other hand....I had to mess with it slightly more but not too much.

yeah, reason doesn't allow me to adjust the latency either, it just shows the number at the bottom of the box with the name of the soundcard. i'm pretty sure it's the same since it's made by the same company and they both pretty much utilize the same technology to send data.

Come to think about it....I haven't messed with Reason latency settings since 2.5. Good point. I wonder what will be next in version 3.5 or 4?

Back