I just robbed the liquor store next door to my house....

Mustafa Salaam

..........and scored $1,037.58 in order to purchase a new pre-amp!

Can any-1 guide me as to the best pre I can buy for $1,037.58?

(please hurry as the feds have surrounded my house where I'm holding my mother and her 5-card stud poker pals hostage!!!!!)

Screw that! You could get about 100 chnnels of Beringer gear with that stash-o-cash!

LMAO @ all the replies!!:D :D :D

Just got some extra cash last week and looking for a pre to be used only on vocs. My mic collection is wide and varied and looking for a warmmmmmmmmm/no coloration-type pre!

Mustafa Salaam said:

(please hurry as the feds have surrounded my house where I'm holding my mother and her 5-card stud poker pals hostage!!!!!)

Hurry, send the money through paypal at INEEDMONEYNOW@URBUSTED.COM and I'll buy the preamp and send it to you ASAP...:D

Mustafa Salaam said:

You, sir, are not too smart. You should have robbed the MUSIC store and taken anything you wanted! Now you are stuck with a measly $1000 and nowhere to run.

Get a John Hardy and be done with it, They are the best pre-amps you are going to get for the $$$ period. They are quite popular with pros looking to upgrade from the Neve stuff.

Mustafa, you pimp-ass homeboy! Didn't you listen to Malcolm X? He seems like your kind of guy. He said, "Don't rob a liquor store, rob a gun store!"
And remember, it's loot, rape, and *then* burn.-Richie

If you can come up with another $51.42 (you can handle that on a Sunday stroll), you can get one of these AND a cheap ass condenser to boot:

tlaudio_pa1_lrg.jpg

http://www.bayviewproaudio.com/tlaudio_pa1.html

I am a lawyer. I think you could claim temporary insanity, particularly if you purchase the Behringer gear.

Otherwise...I think Neve is making new versions of the 1073. You should check that out. I am not sure what the deal is but it should be worth some investigation and...you whould have plenty of time to write letters and find out.

i 2nd the A DEsigns MP1...i tried it out on vox....tube, but pretty transparent and i hear it is a mamujammah on bass di. I think one channel is like $8sumptin. sounds a bit more balzy than the ATC-2 and my avalon.

Back