I just Preordered one of these.

Roguetitan

I have been wanting one of these for a while now so I just went ahead and pre ordered one.
without a doubt one of the best sounding bass guitars i have ever had the pleasure of playing at any price.
Almost identical tone as a Rickenbacker 4001 but much prettier body style and I like the headstock much more also and the neck has a very nice feel to it.

should be here hopefully by July 6
Danelectro Redburst Dano 63 Long scale bass=SWEET!
love.gif

547336.jpg

I went to the danelectro website. They had some nice clips of it, but no info I could find. What kind of pickups will it have? Active or passive? Seems like a steal at that price. How well built are they? Sorry for all the ?'s, I'm kind of sick of my ibanez and looking for something different.

I've been watching Danes... on ebay for a couple of years - I'm in thrall to the long horn bass. My the prices have risen over the last 2 years. Yours loooks VERY very nice. What's the body? - I assume not masonite!

Ha Ha I used to have the same converse tennis shoes the sueside chick is wearing back in the late 70's to mid 80's to gig in.
BrideBassReverse1.jpg

that bass llooks kind of cool those LTD's are some good sounding bass guitars

I went to the danelectro website. They had some nice clips of it, but no info I could find. What kind of pickups will it have? Active or passive? Seems like a steal at that price. How well built are they? Sorry for all the ?'s, I'm kind of sick of my ibanez and looking for something different.
they are hot passive p-ups, very well built, they match or exceed my standards and I am pretty persnikity about quality. Dano makes nice pedals also I am gassing for a couple of those new cool cat series pedals that should be out on the market soon, those things are built like little tanks

I've been watching Danes... on ebay for a couple of years - I'm in thrall to the long horn bass. My the prices have risen over the last 2 years. Yours loooks VERY very nice. What's the body? - I assume not masonite!

I think the Longhorns are about some ButtFugly bass guitars but they really play and sound nice.
no not masonite :D
Dont hold me to it but I am thinking Bass wood body not sure of the neck and fretboard either but I am thinking it is a maple neck with ebony fretboard:confused:

aye,,there is certainly a very wide range of sounds from the ESP Viper indeed!

:cool: so its good so far
it will only ever be used at home here for recording anyway,
which is a shame i

I just read in the new MF cataligue that the dano 63 bodies are solid plywood
with a hollow spot in them to add resonance.

I am not to keen on the idea of a plywood body but it still sounds good.
that is what matters most anyway:cool:

Danelectros are fun,everyone should have at least one.

I have two,but that bass sure looks sweet....:eek:;)

okay, can someone explain the allure of danelectros? I sat down with the last one posted at the local music store, it felt cheap, and sounded like cardboard.

okay, can someone explain the allure of danelectros? I sat down with the last one posted at the local music store, it felt cheap, and sounded like cardboard.

Sure Danos are thin sounding but they sit well in a mix.Not every guitar track has to have that tone of God.

They sound different and look different,variety is the spice of life and Danos are a very affordable spice.:cool:

So what IS a good sounding beginner Bass? I will be going direct box into my mixer then to Otari 4-track (once I get that #4 channel to record that is :P)

Back