I just found THE kit!!!!!

VOXVENDOR

I have been looking for the perfect colour scheme for a while now... Tired of black.. White..Red..... Not into acrylic

I HATE sunbursts, so thats not an option either...

I am almost ready to do gigging and I want drums that will really stand out....... (Yeah yeah, I know "if your a good player, you shouldn't need fancy drums".. but I like them!!!!!!)

Came across this... and it's a local place....

All maple shells......

Mmmmmmmmmm

The green one on the front page of the site..

http://www.udrum.com

And here.. bottom left..

http://www.udrum.com/custom.html

What do you think?

The florescent greenish one!? It does look pretty cool especially with the cast white hoops and white tube lugs. I can't imagine what the maintanence would be like on white hardware though -yikes! It would stand out for sure. I could see it in a devo video (no disrespect - devo rocked!). I actually thought that the sparkle mint green on the second page was pretty kewl too.

I just bought a set of these burly maple Sonors and I am totally in love with them. These aren't eye catchers until you are up close, but man are they beutiful! They don't make this exact set anymore, but they do still have 1 or 2 series available with birdseye finish (on in maple and one in birch I think). I usually spend 5-10 minutes just staring at them and rubbing them before I can even play- aaaaahhhhh.....

Attachments

• forcemaple14tom.jpg
    forcemaple14tom.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 313
Nice!

I am thinking of having my tamas done like this (Green with white H-Ware).. the white is simple to do... I deal with a powdercoating place... I just have to send the parts out...

I just need the drum store to do the shells.

Joe

Don't you think the white will get dirty quick? I know that powdercoating can be really durable from my old Redline BMX bike. But I can't imagine it looking that clean for very long, and man, drum hardware is a b!*&$ to dust!

What do you call that color anyway? I vote for nuclear green! That would be a good one for the Crayola box too!

I can't see it taking anymore time than I take to windex all my chrome....

I keep my drums pretty clean, So I am used to the maintenance..

lmao

I was gonna say it looks like the same color of that puke green shag carpet at my Grandma's old house :D

wow im surpised someone actually found udrum on the net. they do make great drums. i actually just purchased a new snare from them. i even witnessed the one you're talking about being made. its a great looking snare! it was done with a car finish. i dont think it'd get dirty fast but because it is a laquer you'd hafta be careful with it to make sure you dont scratch it. if you need any more info on them let me know i'll try to help you out. i frequently visit the shop

Das bein Canadian,,,

Hehe, I feel like a schmuck cause I didn't even notice that those guys are Canadian.

It looks like a pretty cool shop, offering everything a drummer would need. And some cool colours too :D.

I would like to take this opportunity at this time to shamelessly promote another great Canadian product, Dingwall guitars.

http://www.dingwallguitars.com/html/main.html

(Yea I know this is the drum forum but :p)

I mean, us Canucks gotta find more ways to beat you Americans at stuff, other than with our hockey sticks :p.

Hey isn't Sabian Canadian too?

Foo-bu said:
wow im surpised someone actually found udrum on the net. they do make great drums. i actually just purchased a new snare from them. i even witnessed the one you're talking about being made. its a great looking snare! it was done with a car finish. i dont think it'd get dirty fast but because it is a laquer you'd hafta be careful with it to make sure you dont scratch it. if you need any more info on them let me know i'll try to help you out. i frequently visit the shop

Yeah, I've been there a few times... Went out to one of Pauls Jam nights to at the Firkin Pub in Burlington...

Nice guys.. Nice Place...

I want that drum colour!:)

What area you from?

I never thought the colors in the bottom of my toilet would end up on a snare drum...

I think it's safe to say one of us needs to see a doctor.

int said:
I never thought the colors in the bottom of my toilet would end up on a snare drum...

I think it's safe to say one of us needs to see a doctor.

I think it's safer to say that your toilet needs a good scrubbing :)

lol. Leave it to a fellow Calgarian to put me on the floor.

Next time I clean my toilet I'll be thinking of Vox squeaky cleaning his set with a toilet brush and some baking soda.

coloradojay : we ougth to play together, this is my bass

;)

[edit: damn gif... anyway, it's quilted maple too]

Attachments

• ken-smith-6gn-4a-quilted-ma.gif
    ken-smith-6gn-4a-quilted-ma.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 128
Back