I just finished mixing this track tell me what you think

BAMA

I recorded it with the m box PT 8 LE and I am having a problem with the hook/chorus clipping. I have to go back in and fix my addlibs but just let me know how it sound so far. I'm trying to get a good stereo wide pan on the hook. What plug in should I use or download. Heres the link. Thanks

It starts to clip right after the intro and conyinues clipping throughout.
I think you need to remaster so it doesn't clip. I don't think you need another plugin I think you already have the tools.

BTW - good tune, kinda repetitve but okay. With a shot it could be hot....:cool:

Attachments

• Wave.JPG
    Wave.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 29
I thought it was very good. The content kept me listening where as alot of this genre I just turn off. Theres a story and a visual to it. Good work. You could add a bridge somewhere to change up/break at one point. Cool! Enjoyed it.

Thanks guys

I will do some more editing to it. I have alot of izotope plug ins, and I was thinking about running it through the iZotope RX for the declipper processing.

Thanks guys

I will do some more editing to it. I have alot of izotope plug ins, and I was thinking about running it through the iZotope RX for the declipper processing. also one more thing what is which is better when it comes to mp3 format. I normally do 192 but I was thinking about doing 320 whats the difference?

The wife hollaz up from downstairs, "Is that Nelly?" She liked it.

I'm not so sure about the lyric "Girl shake that ass, shake that ass and drop a load". :confused:

Don't DECLIP go back to before the "mastering" & rest your levels etc so that it doesn't clip like Ido1957 recommended.
Drop a load - is that defecating ecstacy?
TOO LOUD TOO CLIPPED.
What parts of this are yours? I mean, is it a purchased beat? Purchased backing?
Did you do the vocal, the synths, the beat, the backing?
Thematically the lyrics don't do anything to challenge the stereotypes that have poorly served this form.

Don't DECLIP go back to before the "mastering" & rest your levels etc so that it doesn't clip like Ido1957 recommended.
Drop a load - is that defecating ecstacy?
TOO LOUD TOO CLIPPED.
What parts of this are yours? I mean, is it a purchased beat? Purchased backing?
Did you do the vocal, the synths, the beat, the backing?
Thematically the lyrics don't do anything to challenge the stereotypes that have poorly served this form.

What Ray said. If the original tracks aren't clipping till you mix them, then just turn it the heck down at the track level. Do your mixing at a much lower level until you are at the final stereo mix. You can ALWAYS make up gain, you can't take away clipping, no matter how clever a plugin thinks it is...

Incidentally, I could use more bottom end on the beats. Unless you're intentionally keeping it thin, in which case, never mind.

The end is ridiculous though. It just stops. no thought to it. The rest of it has enough inventiveness that I feel comfortable saying that I know you can do better.

I won't make any editorial judgments about the lyrical content because that's not what the this forum is about; save for saying that I found them unpleasantly distracting.

Back