I just dropped a Telefunken 12AX7 into my amp.....

Thatupstateguy

two channels, ...one bright,... one normal,.... with a third channel that blends the two,.... the other preamp tube is a GE 7025,... the drivers are Tung-sol EL84s,.... ....

SHWEEEEEEEEEET....

with that pushing 4 25 watt Jensens.... it sounds so freekin good,... I might just have to switch to that combo.......

I was running a 5751, which Also sounded great......

I switched to the tele, and moved the other to the normal spot,....

I am totally in love,... speakers are just starting to get broken in,.... and with those tubes,... it freekin sings....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I thought I'd just share..... :eek:

Steve :D

well, I have at my disposal fortunately, a virtual BEVY of tubes to try,... so I have......

I do like the RCAs in both slots,...(preamp that is), and also have some RCA EL84s, as well as some of a variety of both preamp and power tubes,..... so far,... after some russian 7189s, and RCA 7189as, as well as some SeimansEL84s,... I tried the Tung-sols,... and was sold on those for the power tubes,.... huge, they sounded huge,.......

Then in the pre slots, have tried RCAs both 12AX7s, and 5751s in either position,.... then GEs, then traded the 12AX7 for the 7025 thats in it now,... and swaped the 5751 for the tele....

OMFG what sweet sounds it has now,.....

I can't wait to hear it played by other people so I can stand back and hear it,.....

it's hard for me to believe that it's only about 22-25 watts......

it freekin cranks.....

clean when I just pick lightly,.. and the more I attacked the more blue dirt came out......it is SO detailed I can't stop playin it......!!!!!!!!!!! :D

what mods did you do? i'm looking at building a jtm45 clone but the 50 watt version of the 18 watt is calling me too. i love the 18 watt clean/chimey thing, it's awesome. oh.......where the hell's the sound clip? :confused: :D :eek:

I just dropped a Telefunken 12AX7 into my amp.....

Well......... did it bust?.....

snicker..snicker....

Im going to try Telefunken 12AX7's in my hot rod deville one of these days, I have heard nothing but good feedback on them. I just put in some JJ electronics preamp tubes in it and they sound very good...alot better than the stock tubes IMO.

I have done alot of mods to that HRDv and just finished up 2 tonight. Modded the mid control (tubbiness removal) and soldered a jumper to alow the bright circut to work in the drive mode.

Everytime I do another mod it gets better. The amp sounds far better than a stock Hot Rod Deville now.

The only thing I have tried that im not crazy about...so far...is 6V6 tubes in place of 6L6....it breaks up sooner but the clean tone doesn't have the same sparkle.

Been wanting to built an 18 watt clone ala Marshall Bluesbreaker or ax84 type thing (similar aren't they). Wreck clone would be nice too. The T-funken is expensive no? I would like to try the tung-sol 6v6 in my drri any thoughts anyone? Maybe build a single el84 class design 6-8 watts I guess. Want your amp, please, please. :D

Back