I have way to many toys

Nathan1984

well it has been along time since I have been on here. I just figured I would give everyone alittle update on how my stuff has come along in the last few years I have been a member on here. Well, for starters, I have spent thousands on new equipment. I have my own studio these days, ProSound Audio. I went rack setup, Windows 7 64 bit, 16 gb ram, 6 core AMD phenon II x6 processor, I went firewire, I am now running a Focusrite Saffire pro40 with a Behringer ADA8000 with the black lion audio mod, making 16 channels of analog goodness. I have a line 6 hd pro in my rack, just purchased a few new mics-a shure sm7b, cad trion 6000, audix d6. I also got a reamping box by radial. I also have several outboard mic pre's as well, I just purchased a Warm Audio WA12. I also got a nice studio desk setup with a 2.1 stereo reference speakers next to my 8" monitors. My stuff has come along way from the first day I got in this forum. I believe when I joined, I was running a Line 6 UX2, which I finally departed from lol, mixing with AKG k44 cans lol. Wow, how things have changed. I am running Waves API and SSL plugs now, the works. I owe this all to you guys for making me such a musical engineering junky. I have went from newbie to full on producer these days lol. So here is my warning, stay away, before you spend all your money on recording gear lol! And here is my advice for those that are far to gone, be patient, you will get better and better, and you won't even realize it. Keep truckin!

Hi Nathan1984,

All I can think about now is which interface should I get for myself.
I have my eyes on PCIe, for its low latency and speed, and USB interface, because the USB 3.0 is "just around the corner"

I was checking your toys list (... E-MU 1212m PCI interface, Tascam US-800, Line6 UX2...), so here is the question:
*How would you run your Tascam 800 and Line 6?
Would you use USB port or you would run it through PCI interface?

I hope you dont mind me asking such questions in your thread...

Cheers
TMS

I agree 100% with miroslav

Now I readily admit I am a lowly member of this community with too few posts and too little expertise to offer much value - so my opinion doe not matter - but I propose that if anyone ever again suggests the remote possibility that someone can have "too many toys" - a lifetime ban be issued :-)

I believe in the work with what you have mentality because in the end, the difference in production has more to do with the person creating than what equipment is being used...

Back