I have the power...

S8-N

..|.. Part-time Antichrist ..|..
My house is very old (50 years) and run down. It has most of the original wiring which is ungrounded 2 prong outlets. My question is this: Could flakey power be the source of computer problems? Can I buy a power regulator or something to help?

Probably just evil spirits. Draw a star on the floor and chant to some bugs, and the lord of darkness will probably shoo them away.

i have seen regulators for power , they basically regulates the incoming power so there arent huge fluctuations in the incoming power. I believe different countrys will design a piece of equipment (not just recording gear) to operate at optimum performance with the countrys power standards taken into main consideration. I believe this was the main reason for the invention of such a regulator...

Yes, shoddy power can cause computer problems. You can get a power regulator or a UPS but they may require grounded outlets. Also, 50 years old wiring can set your house on fire so look into having at least some of it exchanged.

/Ola

Nuthin' like the comfy glow of a UPS bro. So even if the grim reaper comes calling, I'm still happening.

Back