i have real good quality but i need some with chorus/hooks..

BIGTYME

im a hip hop artist

but if any of you are familiar to tech 9.. id say my style is a lot like him...

im sort of a mixture between hip hop and rock...

id like to expand my style even more, thats why im doing this

but anyways what im looking for help on is choruses/synths and any other thing to get to get hooks, if you know what i mean

i got the hip hop hooks down pretty solid, so what im really looking for help from is you rock/metal heads..

heres some tracks that i like and want to figure out how to master in my studio

sample.mp3 - 2.10MB

like the opera sounding voice is real cool ive always wanted to know how to do that and the last one i think is synths but im not even sure

but its sort of a metal sound to it

heres a screen shot of my studio and the stuff i have to master with...
5xqngb5.jpg

thats adobe 1.5..as you can see i have waves along with a lot of other stuff and im sure the right plugins to make those sounds are in my studio.. but i just need to be pointed into the right direction, if i dont have good plugins for what im looking for and you know any thats compatible with adobe 1.5 please suggest items, and ill look into purchasing them

any help will be great, thanks

I don't quite understand the question. You're looking for help with choruses and synths...The word chorus means two different things to me. I don't mean to be a dick if I am, but are you trolling? What exactly are you going for? Writing catchy rock stuff or operating a chorus plugin?

no the lyrics are fine...

i got that on lock, im pretty much asking about plugins to get those types of mastering sounds

all the hip hop sounds (such as slowing down your voice/making it deeper) i already mastered that, ...

i just want help with the rock type stuff now

so to answer your question : operating a chorus plugin/ plugins to make into a chorus

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. With the picture and the way you phrased a few things, I thought you might be asking an honest question OR be someone fucking around, you know? No disrespect meant.

If you've got a Waves bundle, you most likely have a few good chorus effects. Some of the stuff on those samples is a simple use of an effect, but some of it is pretty advanced processing. I'm not too good at that, I keep things simple. The synth voices don't seem so hard though; it's probably a fast chorus with a wide deviation of pitch...It could be that simple, or it could be several cloned, pitch shifted and delayed tracks.

What I mostly hear with the opera effect is an actual chorus of people singing with the main vocalist/rapper singing in a lower register. If you need any tips tracking something like that, I am sure we can all help. It's all in how it sounds to begin with though and it might be hard to achieve with synths and any kind of autotuning you might be able to get. It's gonna require some good singers...At least a versatile male and female.

I can tell you though that the best thing for you to do is to load up a plugin and just experiment. You'll come upon most things through random knob turning. While you do want to mimic other people's work, it's also a good idea to create your own sounds.

Back