i have no luck

ignition451

Here's my problem

I'm upgrading my soundcard from a SB to a delta and I just got a good compressor. I've already got a full cd worth of good music and I'm going to re-record the guitar,bass,piano, etc. when I get my new soundcard. But all the songs on my drum machine got deleted and it would take a LONG time to re-program them.

So I was wondering if I could still use the drum tracks I already got into cool edit pro (that were recorded on the SB card)? Could I just use lots of compression and normalize to get the drum volume up to par (without losing quality) with the new tracks I will have?

sorry my question was so long, Any input would be appreciated.

We'd have no way of telling. Try it and you tell us. If it sounds like ass, then the answer is no.

If they sounded acceptable to you at 16 bit, they'll sound the same at 24 bit (no better but no worse).

I think the drums sound good but I didn't compress them before they were in the PC, Obviously I can still compress them with cool edit.

All I'm really worried about is clipping once I bring the volume up to par with the rest of the mix.

Thanks guys for the input....I love this board.

Back