I have no clue.....

Galahad2000

I am just now getting into the whole Trance and Techno music scenes!! Unfortunately, I know nothing about it!! I have mixed a few songs using "New Beat Trancemission," but there's only so much you can do with it!! I need to know how to record my own samples, what to use to mix them, how to... well, everything really!! If anyone can help me out, please e-mail me at the addy given!! ThX!!

How much money do you have? Akia and Roland make great sampling recording workstations but their expensive. The Akai MPC-2000XL is a great sample, record, mix, and sequencing workstation for around $1500 new. They have a cheaper model without all the goodies for $500. I have a Roland SP808 thats essentially the same as the 2000 that I picked up for $750 used ($1250 new).
The Roland groove series is great for your kinda music. The MC505 is probly the best bet. The 303's a little cheaper. If you go with the workstations you can record your own samples (via mic, sample CDs, dowloads, software, etc.) arrange them, assign them to pads like a drum machine, have real time control of effects like pitch and tempo, controll all your midi devices and lots of other things.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say in case you didnt know the Roland MCXOX series are groove drum machines with a huge amount of techno synth sounds.

Back