i have many eq plugin options. Which 1 is the best to use?

LordSire

In CEP, there are many different eq-ing options to choose from, that i dont know which is the "best" to use for certain applications.

There is the initial track eq that pops up when you right click on the track info box, that i believe only has 3 bands. (labled hi, mid, and lo). Then there is the default CEP fx that you can apply either on the bus or directly to the track via the little blue box labled "fx". I also have sonic foundry and i think 3 0r 4 other eq's in the directx drop-down box. A couple in the filters drop-down box as well. Some are parametric, paragraphic, and others are just simply graphic, now showing my dilemma.

which one of these would be better suited for eq-ing individual tracks, and which one for eq-ing the final mixdown as a whole, for either mastering, or for the final "2-track" mix?

Oh yeah. And should i be using these eq's directly on the track fx function, or should i ride the eq's through a multi-track bus?

actually, no

I appreciate the info, but from being on this site, i have MANY charts and graphs with pretty much the same details as those. They are telling me eq FUNDAMENTALS. I need the answer to my question. ;) I need to know which eq to use for the specifics i asked about, in my cool edit set-up. I have many eq options, with some being the same eq, ( as in graphic or parametric, etc.) but being different brand plug-ins, if that makes any sense. (such as cool edits fx, or sound forges fx, etc.) I might have to find Ip to answer this for me.

Good lookin on that info though, peritus. It will come in handy. It's just not the answer to my original post.

The only answer is, try each one out and decide what's best for what. You'll probably find that one EQ works for vocals, but you need another for bass.

Trying to pick out EQs by looking a specs is like buying a mic without listening to it.

agreed, EQ is subjective. The perfect bass eq to me is different then your idea of a perfect bass EQ. You have to get you hands dirty and start hitting switches...

Back