I hate this

noisewreck

So, I have an Aardvark Pro Q-10 audio interface, and Emagic (remember them? hehe) AMT8 MIDI interface.

Both companies don't exist, which means no more support for the hardware, and even more importantly no friggin drivers for the new OSs.

And I really, really want to move to Windoze 7 64bit now that Steinberg and Native Instruments have moved (most) of their stuff to 64bit, well, at least the stuff that matters to me (Cubase, Kontakt, Absynth, etc). Most importantly I want to move to 64bit so I can finally use some of the Kontakt libraries that don't fit in 4GB of memory.

I have a pretty good idea what audio interface I am gonna move to, but having a hard time figuring out what MIDI interface to get. I still need one with 8 ports, so has to have comparable functionality to the AMT8. How's the MOTU stuff on Windoze? Specifically with Windoze 7 64bit. Anyone tried them yet?

This is gonna be a while though. I can't spend another $1500-$2000 to get the interface I want yet. Plus some other software will have to be upgraded too once I move to 64bit... ARGH!

and

GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Mutter....:(grumble....:mad:grizzle...:confused:whinge....
I know how you feel. I hate enforced upgrades. The only thing I can say is make the move, swallow hard and forget.......

If you're making the move any way you could try and see.

I've heard that people have run emagic, at least, in Vista 32 bit. You might get it to run as a 32 bit app inside 7 64 bit's 32 bit Emualation.
If not well you're no worse off than you currently think you are

If you're making the move any way you could try and see.

I've heard that people have run emagic, at least, in Vista 32 bit. You might get it to run as a 32 bit app inside 7 64 bit's 32 bit Emualation.
If not well you're no worse off than you currently think you are
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that's gonna work. Not talking about the old version of Logic, but the driver for my MIDI interface. I wouldn't wanna run 32bit drivers in a 64bit OS. That's just asking for trouble.

I think I am just gonna move to the MOTU Midi Express 128, and be done with it. So far people haven't been complaining about it and Windoze 7.

Back