I HATE MY 788!!! Wont detect burner....Grrrrrr.......help before I toss it!!

funkoptimus

hooked up my Tascam788 burner to the 788 and it said "No Drive found"

I pulled the cord out and tried again and it said the same thing, powered down rehooked and BAM same thing.

The original 788 which we had for 4 weeks did this and couldnt get it to work. We then returned it. I have used the burner 3 times, and just used it on Monday. Now this!!!

I am using version 1.10 and have been waiting 6months for the upgrade.

Come on!! What is the deal.

Sorry for asking for help, but right now Im not happy with Tascam. In between returns and waiting for the new one to arrive they removed their bulletin board which was the whole reason for me getting it. The board they had impressed me so much that I went out and bought a 788. Then it closed down. Now it seems I will never see the upgrade disk and now this!!

Sorry to hear about your troubles - I'm having similar issues at the moment - Just ordered a 788 and it's taking an age to be upgraded. One solution could be to sell your burner on e-bay and buy a stand alone analogue CD recorder. There not that expensive. I have a Sony and it's excellent.

Can't help any further sorry.

funkoptimus said:
hooked up my Tascam788 burner to the 788 and it said "No Drive found"

Just tossing out an idea here...do you have a SCSI terminator plugged into the drive?

You may want to try a different SCSI cable.

And a stand-alone CD recorder is an option, but it's not the same. You might get acceptable results, but realize that you're going through another round of A/D conversion vs. staying in the digital domain with the Tascam burner.

I don't know what's happened to those guys...

HTH,

Lee

Back