I hate firepods.

wx3

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the cheap manufacturing that goes into making firepods. This is the second one I've had problems with. My first firepod had a loose connection at the main level pot. My left monitor would cut in and out and the only way to stop it was to apply pressure on the main level pot.

So I took it back and they gave me a new one. Its been great for the last 6 months but recently the AC jack started cutting in and out.... a much bigger problem. That lasted for a few days, and suddently my firepod completely died. I can't get it to power up no matter what I do.

I'm gunna call the store up and see if they can help me out.

Anyone else have any of these problems or do I just break things some how?

wx3 said:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the cheap manufacturing that goes into making firepods. This is the second one I've had problems with. My first firepod had a loose connection at the main level pot. My left monitor would cut in and out and the only way to stop it was to apply pressure on the main level pot.

So I took it back and they gave me a new one. Its been great for the last 6 months but recently the AC jack started cutting in and out.... a much bigger problem. That lasted for a few days, and suddently my firepod completely died. I can't get it to power up no matter what I do.

I'm gunna call the store up and see if they can help me out.

Anyone else have any of these problems or do I just break things some how?

#1: No S/PDIF function at all.
#2: S/PDIF won't sync to external source over 48 kHz.

I'm less than impressed by what I've seen so far.

I've been lucky with mine so far, but I don't think the the Chinese quality control is up to scratch yet

Back