I had an ingrown toe nail cut out the other day.

capnkid

Optimus Prime
The Physicians Ass. put about 4 injections of number in my big toe and then came back 15 minutes later to cut it out, but I still had feeling, so he had to put 2 more injections right in the inflamed-tender area.

Then he took his snips and cut of 10% of my toe nail down to the cutical. And pulled out the cutical with some doctor pliers. All better now though.:p

This reminds me of when I went to an oral surgeon to have my wisdom teeth removed and when I awoke both my teeth and my wallet were gone! :eek:

Cheers! :)

The Physicians Ass. put about 4 injections of number in my big toe and then came back 15 minutes later to cut it out, but I still had feeling, so he had to put 2 more injections right in the inflamed-tender area.

Then he took his snips and cut of 10% of my toe nail down to the cutical. And pulled out the cutical with some doctor pliers. All better now though.:p

Injections? I just take a small pair of scissors and cut the nail. Then I pull out the piece of toe nail with tweezers. It hurts like a bitch but it's nothing that I would need a doctor for.

If its impacted enough the skin will completely grow over the corner and you do have to have a podiatrist surgically remove it.

My teenaged son had his big toes done last year.

And easy enough procedure; I should have had mine done years ago (I've had to keep mine dug out myself but if they get bad enough again, I'll go to his same doctor.)

Injections? I just take a small pair of scissors and cut the nail. Then I pull out the piece of toe nail with tweezers. It hurts like a bitch but it's nothing that I would need a doctor for.

yes, I did a similiar routine for a couple years. It finally got to the point of surgury. Ingrowns are a direct result of sloppy nail cutting.

Back