I got SONAR 3 Pro!!!

moskus

The Creator of Æ, Ø and Å
YESSS!

I took TomBuurs advice and ordered it from Etcetera.UK. (They didn't want to send it at first, since Norway apparently has this "special deal").

Man, I was afraid it was gonna be stopped in the mail, but no problem.

HRMusic, you got it from Roland NO yet?

How much do they add for sending it - like package etc?
Did you pay the VAT incl or excl price?
I'm thinking about upgrading at etCetera.

Don't know if we're comparable as you're outside EU.

What made you go with the Pro instead of the Studio?

I don't know what it costs a part. I just closed my eyes and bought it. It costet me 2367,39 NOK (to be exact) for the update in total incl. shipment.

Beltrom said:
What made you go with the Pro instead of the Studio?
The Console View! :D (And I'm not kidding)

Okay Moskus,

I've stopped being so crabby and switched to S3 even though I miss some functionality on the Mackie Control Surface. Hope they get to that soon.

Went to an S3 Seminar last week and learned about features I don't normally use. Very helpful. The rep stated that Hyper-threading capability is immenant and will be a free upgrade that should return a 40% improvement in resource utilization. How cool is that?

It does sound better than S2 and I believe I have found and resolved a software conflict that was causing S3 crashes, and for the most part, it appears to be solid and stable now, even when I'm quick and rough with it.

We're awaiting your review once you dial in some sessions.

_______
SteveD
www.5adayclub.net/music/

SteveD said:
Went to an S3 Seminar last week and learned about features I don't normally use. Very helpful.
Hey, tell us about them! The more tips the bette! :)

Hyperthreading only works on P4 processors, right? :(

moskus said:
I don't know what it costs a part. I just closed my eyes and bought it. It costet me 2367,39 NOK (to be exact) for the update in total incl. shipment.

The Console View! :D (And I'm not kidding)

Did you upgrade from XL or the standard version?

Is it the channel eq?

Beltrom said:
Did you upgrade from XL or the standard version?
From XL. The Console View is the "mixer" inside Sonar, and yes the channel EQ was a part of the decision.

Good news, moskus... :) I'm expecting Sweetwater delivers mine these days... Damn, I missed my bank's notification my credit reached it's limit... :( Upgrade version, $208 including shipping to my aunty in San Francisco. She'll take care the rest... The Ultrafunk3 and Lexicon Pantheon is what I'm aftering...

BTW have you seen that Cakewalk has started a forum on its site.
The newsgroups will close down for receiving posts tomorrow - and will be terminated in a month.
Really sad to see the newsgroup go...

moskus said:
From XL. The Console View is the "mixer" inside Sonar, and yes the channel EQ was a part of the decision.

Decisions, decisions. I was pretty much set on the Studio...
But you're right. That and Vsampler (when that mess is sorted out) might be worth it...

Beltrom said:
That and Vsampler (when that mess is sorted out) might be worth it...
I hope I get my e-mail with the registration soon. Nothing yet... :(

Beltrom said:
But you've got plenty of new toys anyway...
Yes, but still... I've toyed around with Sonar 3 at the store, but still.... I want to register the freaq'n VSampler!

Has anyone had any troubles using Sonar 3 with 2.2XL created mixes? Any issues with effects/plugins etc??

Just curious, I expect Sonar 3 to be delivered today or tomorrow and was wondering.

Thanks
Kevin.

So far, so good with Sonar 3 Producer. Does anyone have some more info on the hyperthreading download and when it's coming out and/or how to activate it?... I've built up a P4 station with 256M ram and I'm getting more dropouts than I'd like, even with 6 tracks and some Sonitus Compression each one. Seems like my system should be able to handle more tracks...

Chris

P.s. Sure like the sound of that german-made megafont piano they included. wish it was easier to invoke, though...

Nd:Apricot Stu said:
So far, so good with Sonar 3 Producer. Does anyone have some more info on the hyperthreading download and when it's coming out and/or how to activate it?... I've built up a P4 station with 256M ram and I'm getting more dropouts than I'd like, even with 6 tracks and some Sonitus Compression each one. Seems like my system should be able to handle more tracks...

Chris

P.s. Sure like the sound of that german-made megafont piano they included. wish it was easier to invoke, though...
Sonar 3 is written and configured to ignore the hyper-threading technology setting in your computer's bios. In other words... it can be enabled and S3 will ignore that setting.

When the release is available for utilizing hyper-threading, you will simple download and install.

I have hyper-threading disabled on my system, because Sonar 2 was not designed to handle it, and it serves as a measure of insurance that my system is as stable as possible. I don't want any tasks fighting over who gets which processor first. When the release is announced, I will re-enable the hyper-threading and install.

Should be a piece of cake (walk)! ;)

_______
SteveD
www.5adayclub.net/music/

Exchange transfer

Moskus,

How much is 2300 Norwegian Kronor in USD? I can do SEK in my head (at ~10:1), but NOK is another story...

Was just curious if cakewalk is treating our Scandinavian friends with respectable low prices...

Chris

Back