I got my Apex 435 Today

OhSh1rt

Who needs a 57 anyway?
Wow. It's quite a step up from my shitty dynamic mic's that I've been using. I now see the light. But unfortunately I now have to build a vocal booth since my live room is wayyy to reflective.

But I'm very impressed with this mic, I'm starting to love hearing my own voice now, I stuck it infront of an amp and it even sounded pretty decent. And then I set it up (and only it) and played drums and I was so happy to hear how the snare sounded.

Now I just need some more money.

-jeffrey

Oh Apex 435? Is that the condenser mic that cost around 55$US? Yeah I think this condenser mic is around the same quality as the MXL990 and SAMSON C01, which are also around the same prices. They are pretty good for the price in my opinion.

Of course yeah, they are better than most dynamics mic that are under 100$...Probably close to the quality of a Shure SM 58 I guess...

OhSh1rt said:
Wow. It's quite a step up from my shitty dynamic mic's that I've been using. I now see the light. But unfortunately I now have to build a vocal booth since my live room is wayyy to reflective.

Just make yourself some gobo's.

Yeah I agree with saving your money. I've used a KSM 27 in less then pleasing areas and its allways lived up to what i need and its got a nice price tag. Got mine for $350 may have dropped recently. There are of course better mics but the cost it would take for construction of a vocal booth is rediculas in comparison.

Eh, I'm happy with it. The people I record won't know the difference. Buying some lumber/door/sheet rock isn't bad and it's fun to build shit anyways.

-jeffrey

Back