i got a question about the avalon vt 737sp

KnightMere

i was thinkin about getting this pre and i was talking to aon about what kind of sound i wanted. and i told him i wanted a warm sound. I was reading up on this pre and its a tube pre amp...well AON told me this pre is not warm and told me to get the neve portico. But all the reviews/descriptions say it is..and i think it was used in slim thug song "yall aint heard of that" so my question is..is this a warm pre?? if it is i'll get it and then kinda of music im going to be doing is rap...and if it was used in that slim thug song thats the sound i want...thanks

KnightMere said:
i was thinkin about getting this pre and i was talking to aon about what kind of sound i wanted. and i told him i wanted a warm sound. I was reading up on this pre and its a tube pre amp...well AON told me this pre is not warm and told me to get the neve portico. But all the reviews/descriptions say it is..and i think it was used in slim thug song "yall aint heard of that" so my question is..is this a warm pre?? if it is i'll get it and then kinda of music im going to be doing is rap...and if it was used in that slim thug song thats the sound i want...thanks
If your talking about recording vocals, then I suggest you go with the neve. I own both and record hip hop, for vocals my 1272 beats the pants off the Avalon. Now for female voices that is another story. (avalon).

Oh and btw peoples perception of warm is going to lead you nowhere. Everyone seems to have a different opinion of what warm is.

Peace
Eddie

Back