I finally got reaper and LOVE it, but...

deejuks2

there is only one problem. I've been must messing around doing a few acoustic covers to get comfortable with the software, most songs have 3 to 4 acoustic guitar tracks, and 3 harmonizing vox. I love how easy it was to get started. But now i want to have these tracks on a CD.... and i have no idea what to do. I assume there is a "Finalize" or "Master" option here somewhere....... HELP?

Click "File" and then "Render".

Select Audio CD Image in the Output Format drop down box and check the box below the drop down for "Burn CD image after render".

Click the "Render" button at the bottom and you should be good to go.

aaaah ok thanks! Now what if i want to render it as any other file in "my music" folder on my computer? It doesn't seem to be able to render .mp3 files. Do you usually just render the master mix of one project at a time? Because it seems to me if I do it the way you just said... I'm going to have alot of CDs with only 1 song on them...

If you want it to be an mp3, you will have to download the lame mp3 encoder (that's what it's called, not an adjective describing it). They would have to pay licensing fees otherwise, I assume. Not exactly sure where I got mine from, but a quick search on the Reaper forums or Google should get you to it. Make sure you get the correct version depending on whether you are running it 32 or 64 bit. You can render an entire CD with different tracks within one project--the easiest way is to render each song out as a wav file, then import them into a new project. You create a maker for the beginning of each song and it can burn the CD. Not the easiest thing with Reaper, but doable.

ok, sorry to be a nincompoop, but i downloaded the LAME mp3 encoder. Reaper tells me to place lame_enc.dll in the same directory as REAPER.exe. How do i do that?

Man im glad this forum exists

The path for the Reaper folder is usually - c:/Program Files/Reaper (xxx) unless you specified a different location when you installed it. Copy the lame file into that folder.

I've had Reaper on my PC for something like 2 years now (according to Reaper), but finally tryingit out for real.
Steep learning curve, compared to pushing the faders and tweaking the levels on my digital recorder, but I can see the advantages. The disadvantage - taking about 50 times as long to mix down a song than before!
The 418 page manual is a bear, too.

The disadvantage - taking about 50 times as long to mix down a song than before!

That won't be the case once you get to know it. I still have my TASCAM 2488. I track on it and transfer my files into REAPER to mix. I'd never go back to mixing on my stand-alone.

Back